Malingo is a typical type of bamboo found in the Himalayan mountain region. The botanical name of Malingo is “Yushania Maling.” Its emblematic importance and adaptation in high altitude ensues from its unique role it has played in the lives of Nepali from time immemorial.
Malingo’s multidimensional uses ranging from food, fodder and shelter play crucial role in the very sustenance of the life in the region. It is used to make bamboo products such as “doko” tall netted basket, “nanglo” rimmed lid-type plate used to sieve and winnow grains, “dalo” basket to store grains, “bhakari” and “chittra” panel used as roof or wall. Some of the unique traditional musical instruments such as “bansuri” and “murali” flute “murchunga” and “binayo” are made from malingo. The soft and meditational melodious music of these musical instruments echoes in abundance with the breezes in the Himalayas.
The roots of Malingo run deep into the soil thus ensuring protection of soil from erosion. Evergreen is the gift of nature to Malingo.
It is also believed that legendary Yeti once lived in the Himalayas feeding on Malingo.
Malingo Restaurant, the restaurant of your choice with distinctive food flavors from The Everest, top of the world; to The Nippon, the land of rising sun is now open to delight you, to tease and please your taste buds.
We serve Japanese, Nepalese and Tibetan specialty delicacies under one roof. So, why the wait? Extend the horizon of your dining experience with us.
Our Patron’s satisfaction is our pride and we treasure this aspect of our business the most. This is the very reason we exist in your service. We hope our patrons will give us an opportunity to serve, to grow and share joys in our neighborhood.
- Varieties of mouth-watering food entries to choose from our menu
- Friendly, elegant, graceful and skilled staffs
- Decent and peaceful environment for dining
- Well furnished, cozy seating with privacy of our patrons in mind
- Free Wi-Fi internet facility
- Wide screen TV to keep updated with live news and entertainment
- Family environment with candle light dinner
- Easy access to public transportation
- Free home delivery service of your choice of our menu items
- Soft and pleasant background vocal and instrumental music to accompany your dining time
We accept all major credit cards.
Live Geet & Gazals to accompany your weekends ******